The Eastern Kentucky University track and field team will continue the indoor season at Indiana’s Gladstein Invitational this weekend in Bloomington, Indiana.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Action inside Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse gets underway on Friday at 4:00 p.m. ET and wraps up around 2:00 p.m. ET on Saturday.
– Senior All-American Charlott Imer is off to a great start this indoor season. The native of Melbourne, Australia won the women’s 3,000 meters at the Kentucky Invitational last Saturday in Lexington, clocking a time of 9:41.1 Imer now owns the fastest 3,000 meters and 5,000 meters (16:09.2) times in the OVC.
– Senior Ciara Scott (9:51.7 / third) and sophomore Lilian Jeptoo Kiborus (10:06.3 / fifth) also ran top-five OVC times in the 3,000 meters in Lexington.
– Sophomore Ke’Asia Johnson-Bell, meanwhile, ran 9.01 in the 60-meter hurdles (ninth in the OVC), while jumpers Liz Marcinek (17-9 in the long jump / ninth) and Darrian Botts (36-6.75 in the triple jump / 10th) also delivered top-10 OVC marks.
– Junior Tequan Claitt – a preseason All-American – notched an OVC-best leap of 6-8.75 in the high jump on Saturday at the Kentucky Invitational. Junior Yoshua Reed, meanwhile, went 6-4.75 in the high jump, tying him for second in the conference.
– Sophomore jumper Jacob Alleyne delivered a big opening weekend, as well. He notched a 44-10.75 in the triple jump (fourth in the OVC) and 22-10.5 in the long jump (fifth in the OVC).
– Freshman Ben Thoms made a solid collegiate debut in the 60-meter hurdles, clocking a time of 8.59 (eighth in the OVC).
– In distance events, junior Greyson Winiger ran a personal-best 4:19.9 in the mile, putting him at fifth in the OVC. Freshman Zak Kirk, meanwhile, ranks seventh in the mile after running 4:20.04 on Saturday.
– Junior Erick Rotich currently ranks eighth in the OVC in the 3,000 meters and clocking an 8:44.4 over the weekend.
EKU returns to action on Friday, January 26, at the Thundering Herd Invitational in Huntington, West Virginia.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications