The Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team looks to knock off the SIUE Cougars in McBrayer Arena on Thursday night. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (4-7, 1-1 OVC) knocked off Tennessee Tech, 76-68 to earn its first OVC win of the season Saturday afternoon in Cookeville.
– Abby Wright scored a career-high 22 points and was nearly perfect from the foul line (6-of-7) against the Golden Eagles. She was 4-of-6 from behind the arc.
– A’Queen Hayes secured her third OVC Newcomer of the Week award after averaging 13.5 ppg and 6.5 rpg against Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech. The Ole Miss transfer scored 20 points and was 6-of-7 from the foul line in the Colonels road win against Tennessee Tech.
– EKU tied a season-high 19 turnovers against Tennessee Tech, the most turnovers the Colonels forced in a game since Eastern forced 25 against the Golden Eagles last season on Jan. 28.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– SIUE (5-8, 2-0 OVC) won their first two conference games this past weekend on the road, defeating Austin Peay, 61-38, and Murray State, 75-70. The Cougars had lost their previous six games coming into that weekend.
– Lauren White leads the Cougars in both scoring (14.9 ppg) and assists (2.3 apg).
– The Colonels trail the all-time series with SIUE, 4-7. However, the Colonels have won the last two matchups, both coming last season.
– The Colonels will be back at home to take on Eastern Illinois on Jan. 6. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding