The Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team looks to bounce back against the Southeast Missouri Redhawks. Tipoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (5-8, 2-2 OVC) fell to the UT Martin Skyhawks, 77-49, on Thursday at the Elam Center. The Colonels outrebounded UTM 41-37, but shot just 18-of-62 (29 percent) from the field.
– A’Queen Hayes led EKU against UT Martin, scoring a team-high 18 points and grabbing a game-high eight rebounds. She also dished out a team-high five assists and was 4-of-5 from the foul line. As of Jan. 11, Hayes is tied for first in minutes per game (35.1), sixth in rebounding (8.0), eighth in assists/turnover ratio (1.3) and scoring (14.8). She is also ninth in assists (3.6).
– Abby Wright came off the bench against the Skyhawks and grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Southeast Missouri (7-10, 2-3 OVC) narrowly fell at the buzzer to Morehead State, 59-56, in its last game on Thursday.
– SEMO has a very balanced scoring attack, with Tesia Thompson and Adrianna Murphy scoring 11.9 and 11.8 points per game respectively. Ashton Luttrull also adds 10.9 points per game for the Redhawks.
– On the season, Southeast Missouri scores 62.2 points a night, but allows their opponents to score 63.6. Also, the Redhawks out-rebound their opposition by almost two per game and commit 19.3 turnovers a night.
– EKU leads the all-time series with Southeast Missouri, 32-15, and has won the last six matchups. The last time the teams met, Eastern walked away with a 74-63 win in Cape Girardeau.
– The Colonels will be back in Richmond to take on Tennessee Tech on Jan. 18. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding