The Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column against the Eastern Illinois Panthers in McBrayer Arena on Saturday afternoon. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (4-8, 1-2 OVC) narrowly fell to the SIUE Cougars, 62-60, Thursday night in their OVC home-opener. Eastern held a nine-point lead with one quarter to play, but were outscored 22-11 in the final stanza to give up the win.
– A’Queen Hayes scored a career-high 26 points and pulled down a career-high 11 rebounds in the Colonels loss to SIUE. She was also very efficient from the charity stripe, finishing 6-of-8.
– Joya Smith earned her first start of her Colonel career against SIUE. She finished with a career-high 11 points and drilled a career-high two three pointers.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Eastern Illinois (1-13, 0-3 OVC) fell to Morehead State, 89-81, at Morehead on Thursday. It was the most points the Panthers have scored this season.
– Grace Lennox has started in all eight games she has appeared and leads EIU in scoring (15.4) and assists (3.4). Jennifer Nehls scored a career-high 24 points against Morehead State and leads the Panthers in rebounding (4.9).
– The Colonels are tied with Eastern Illinois in the all-time series, 18-18, after winning the previous two contests. The last matchup in the series came in McBrayer last season, where EKU knocked off the Panthers in overtime, 88-85.
– The Colonels will hit the road to take on the UT Martin. Tipoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding