The Eastern Kentucky University soccer team returns home to open Ohio Valley Conference play this weekend, hosting SIUE on Friday at 4:00 p.m. and Eastern Illinois on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (4-4) lost both games of last weekend’s road trip at Gardner-Webb (2-1) and No. 24 Louisville (5-1).
– Kylie Thompson scored her second goal in as many games when she put one in the back of the net in the eighth minute against Garder-Webb.
– Idayls Rea and Sarah Owusu are ranked third in the conference with three goals on the year.
– Erin Torrence ranks second in the league in assists (three).
– Freshman goalkeeper Zoe Aguirre is tied for second in the conference with two shutouts this season.
– Kacy Eckley and Katie Shaffer logged 180 minutes last weekend on the backline, never coming off the field in the two games.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
– SIUE (1-4) lost, 5-0, to Illinois on September 2. The Cougars’ game against Missouri State on September 7 was cancelled due to weather.
– EKU beat SIUE, 3-2, during the regular season last year before knocking them off in the Ohio Valley Conference quarterfinals, 2-1, in Richmond.
– The Cougars are led by freshman Amanda DiNardo, who has two goals on the year and four total points.
– The all-time series between EKU and SIUE is tied at 6-6-1.
– Eastern Illinois (1-4-2) lost to Indiana State, 3-1, on September 7 and to Northern Illinois, 2-0, on September 9.
– The Colonels defeated the Panthers last year on the road, 2-0.
– Sarah DeWolf leads the way for the Panthers with two goals and one assist on the year.
– The all-time series between EKU and EIU is tied at 7-7-0.
Following this weekend’s two home games, the Colonels finish out their home-stand against Morehead State on Sunday, September 23.
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications