Eastern Kentucky University’s volleyball team will host the University of North Florida and Jacksonville University this weekend at McBrayer Arena.
Friday will be 80’s Night as the Colonels take on the Ospreys at 6 p.m. There will be an EKU Scrunchie giveaway.
EKU and Jacksonville will play on Saturday at 2 p.m. Saturday will be Youth Sports, Halloween Fun and Fan Appreciation Day. All fans will receive FREE admission. Candy stations will be set up for kids on the concourse as part of Halloween festivities.
Both matches will air live on ESPN+.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– North Florida has won both of the two meetings between the programs. In the only match last season, the Ospreys won 3-1 in Jacksonville.
– EKU is 4-0 all-time against Jacksonville. The Colonels beat the Dolphins 3-0 last season in Nashville.
– Eastern Kentucky sits at 12-12 overall and 3-7 against ASUN teams. The Colonels suffered back-to-back losses to Bellarmine this past weekend.
– Freshman Carson Ledford is averaging 1.51 kills per set, hitting .269 and averaging a team-best 0.85 blocks per set. In two matches this past weekend, the middle blocker from Wilkesboro, North Carolina averaged 1.00 blocks per set and had 13 kills in 23 attempts for a .435 attack percentage.
– Josie Schmitendorf leads EKU and is ninth in the conference with 4.04 digs per set. The junior from Huntley, Illinois averaged 5.11 digs per set in two matches this past weekend.
– The Colonels lead the ASUN in digs.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– North Florida has won three of its last four, including a weekend sweep of ASUN leader Kennesaw State and second place Jacksonville State. The Ospreys are 8-13 overall and 6-4 in league play.
– Junior outside hitter Mahalia White leads the team, and is second in the ASUN, with 4.12 kills per set while hitting .284 for the season. She was chosen as the ASUN Player of the Week on Monday. Rocio Moro, a junior libero, averages a team-high 4.78 digs per set. She was picked as the ASUN Defensive Player of the Week on Monday.
– Jacksonville has lost six straight matches and sits at 8-14 overall and 2-8 in conference action. The Dolphins will play at Bellarmine on Friday.
– Middle blocker Haley Hart averages a team-high 3.28 kills per set. Junior setter Rebecca Rocassin leads the squad with 9.76 assists per set. The duo of Lyric Love (1.14) and Hart (1.12) average more than one block per set.
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications