Due to Eastern Kentucky University hosting the All “A” Classic boys and girls basketball tournaments this week, the EKU men’s basketball team will host Tennessee Tech on Saturday night at Davis-Reid Alumni Gym in Georgetown, Kentucky. Tip is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
A FREE shuttle will depart from the EKU Fitness and Wellness Center at 3:30 p.m. and will return to campus after the completion of the men’s game.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Senior Nick Mayo led all players with 22 points in EKU’s 88-70 win over first-place Jacksonville State on Thursday. Mayo ranks second in the OVC and 14th in the country in scoring at 23.1 points-per-game.
– Junior Kelvin Robinson scored a career-high 17 points to go along with seven rebounds, five assists and two steals vs. JSU. Robinson now has 21 assists and only one turnover in EKU’s last four games.
– Freshman Tre King recorded his first career double-double vs. JSU (11 points, game-high 12 rebounds).
– EKU ranks second in the country in steals/game (11.0), fourth in turnovers forced/game (19.2) and 15th in turnover margin (+4.2). The Colonels lead the OVC in all three categories.
– Eastern ranks ninth in the country in scoring offense (86.0 points-per-game).
– EKU has won seven straight home games.
– EKU’s three-game win streak is its longest OVC win streak since the 2014-15 season.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Tennessee Tech (6-14, 2-5 OVC) has lost four straight games.
– The Golden Eagles are led by Jr. Clay, who comes in averaging 13.0 points-per-game.
– This will be the 137th all-time meeting between original OVC members EKU and Tennessee Tech. The Colonels lead the series, 74-62; however, the Golden Eagles swept both matchups last season.
EKU hits the road next weekend to face Eastern Illinois (Jan. 31) and SIUE (Feb. 2).
— www.EKUSports.com ––
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications
Eastern Kentucky University