The University of Kentucky men’s golf team will conclude its regular-season schedule at the Lewis Chitengwa Memorial, which starts on Monday at Birdwood Golf Course in Charlottesville, Virginia. The tournament will see a 14-team field play 36 holes on Monday, followed by the final round on Tuesday.
The UK lineup will feature Alex Goff, Garrett Wood, Campbell Kremer, Kevin Watts, and Dhaivat Pandya, with Andrew Clark participating as an individual.
Following the Chitengwa Memorial, the Wildcats will head to the SEC Championship at the Seaside Course in St. Simons Island, Georgia, which will take place between April 19 and 23.
- Last April, Kentucky participated in the tournament for the first time, finishing fifth. Jacob Cook and Garrett Wood tied for ninth at 3-under-par, while Alex Goff tied for 14th at 2-under.
- Birdwood Golf Course, redesigned by Davis Love III, his brother Mark, and architect Scot Sherman, is ranked No. 3 on Golf Digest’s list of Best New Courses in 2021. The course will play as a par-71 at 7,116 yards.
- The participating teams include the Wildcats, host Virginia, Arkansas, Auburn, East Carolina, Florida State, Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, Loyola (Md.), Northwestern, St. Mary’s, Texas State, UNC Wilmington, and Virginia Tech.
- Kentucky tied for sixth at the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate on March 26-28 in Awendaw, South Carolina. Alex Goff led the team with a 16-under-par 200, finishing second.
- Alex Goff currently paces the Wildcats with a 70.96 scoring average and seven top-20 finishes, followed by Garrett Wood with a 72.83 scoring average, and Campbell Kremer with a 73.58 average.
- Alex Goff’s impressive 2022-23 season sees him leading the Wildcats in several statistical categories, with many of his numbers ranking favorably among Kentucky golfers dating back to the 1993-94 season.
The Wildcats will seek to build on the experience of their returning players, including Wood, Goff, and Kremer, who all had strong performances last year. With a talented roster, the team looks to make a strong showing at the Lewis Chitengwa Memorial and the upcoming SEC Championship.